Monday, June 3, 2013

Shower Songs

*Nothing better than shower songs. Wrote most of these in the shower tonight. Kinda raw, but whatever :) *

Look into my eyes, boy and are you surprised to see love in there?
And so how does it feel, knowing that it's real
Loving you, touching you, being you.
It was you all along,
Boy, only gonna say it once, I was wrong.
Turns out the only thing between us was time.

Skin against skin - passion.
Insecurities open - raw.
Fingertips raking - exploration.
Lips tracing - sweetly.
Eyes smile - teasing.
Hand in hand - magic.
Arms around me - safe.
Conflict scrapes - deep.
Smile through tears - hero.
Talk about God - reverent.
Tie pulled in for kiss - need.
Backing off, tap on nose - respect.
Holds closer during scary movie - protected.
Looks helpless when woman cries - adorable.
Kisses me up against a wall - desire.
Talking for hours - friend.
Can't let go, one more hug - goodbye.
Can't let go, one more hug - hello again.
Slow dance to no music, step on toes - love.
All this. One thing - you.

Baby I'm drowning in you.
The ocean is getting higher,
The water is closing over me.
And I watch helplessly, loving it.
The shower's falling over me,
And I let it wash senselessly,
I'm drifting out to sea,
You'd think that I was crazy,
No, I'm just crazy with you.
I have no control over you.
And I like it. ;)

The wind is hot, the fire's hotter.
It's blowing me, it's blowing farther.
Farther away from loving you, babe.
I've been with you, I've been with others,
I've met the dads, I've met the mothers.
Baby, it's pushing me away.
So one day soon you pull me close,
And say I do. I feel the noose.
And then I look into your eyes and see
That loving you, loving me,
It's not so complicated.
That loving you, loving me,
It's quite interrelated.
And if I simply give up,
These chains that hold me back,
I can be truly free with you.


No comments:

Virgin Diaries


A lot happens on couches. Movie night. Good book. Morning coffee. Making out. Making out. Making out.

Pull up a couch if you want to read about it.