Sunday, February 9, 2014

Love in a crowd

Crowds remind me how terrifying it is to be alone.
And how wonderful it is to not be alone.
In that sea of people, I look up at him and am so thankful.
I am terrified to be lost in a crowd.
But if I'm lost with him, it's okay.
Hand-in-hand, anything could happen to us,
We could go anywhere,
As long as we don't lose each other, it's okay.

I'm realizing more and more that other people will come and go.
But he is my forever.
Parents age....move away.
Sisters have children - sooo many children.
Brothers get consumed with their career - their set schedule.
Friends find it's no longer convenient to hang out.
Jobs change. Churches change. You graduate.
Now it's just him and me and God.
We make a good team.

So many goofy moments.
And yet we SERIOUSLY love.
We give up ourselves.
We fight to resolve - not to win.
We pray together.
We fail together.
We problem-solve together.
He looks into a crowd, and he finds ME.
I look across a room, and I meet HIS blue eyes.

Didn't mean to block out the whole world.
Didn't mean to get lost in the crowd
Where those that were familiar become strangers
Didn't mean to stop caring what others thought.

I just want to lie down in his arms.
Close my eyes.
Whisper.
Tease.
Defy.
Tap his nose.
Be thoroughly kissed.
Stay there warm, secure, forever.

This whole world crowds around us,
But as he grabs my hand and leads me through my fears,
I know now that the most important thing
in the world to me
is my best friend.



No comments:

Virgin Diaries


A lot happens on couches. Movie night. Good book. Morning coffee. Making out. Making out. Making out.

Pull up a couch if you want to read about it.