Thursday, April 3, 2014

Stubborn Love

How is it that we could go from passionate arguing to pure love and understanding to passionate kissing in the matter of an hour?
And yet, until that argument is resolved, it's like the equator has split and the whole world is opposing itself.
Every time we argue, my view of him is so clouded. I think - o crap, what are we thinking spending the rest of our lives together?
And then, stubborn as he and I both are, he rises above my voice and calms me and explains his world to me.
The clouds clear and the sun bursts out.
We see each other like brand new and can barely leave each other.
We're both stubborn but we're stubborn in fighting and in love.

He tells me I'm beautiful. And I just don't understand.
What does he see?

I'm learning I have to trust him to God.
Yeah we have pasts.
Yeah he has shortcomings, but I have mine, too.
I have no self righteous leg up.
We're on equal footing and loved equally by God.
I have to stop worrying and just entrust him to God.

We sat tonight looking out over the mountains after a nice walk with a decaf coffee. I love him. I barely know what life is like without him. When did life get like this? I'm so thankful it did.

How did I become that girl. The one with a boyfriend and then fiancé and then wedding plans? When did I get diamonds on my left hand? How am I the one with bridal showers and dress fittings? Is it really me wearing that white in the mirror?

A symbol stands before me - the type that stands on a wedding cake with a plastic man in a tux. I barely recognize her, but I love it. The stereotype I thought I would despise washes away. In its place is a love for him and an excitement for this new life. It's a new era. It feels like hello and goodbye all at once. I didn't know it could be so beautiful. I didn't know someone could think I'm so beautiful....

No comments:

Virgin Diaries


A lot happens on couches. Movie night. Good book. Morning coffee. Making out. Making out. Making out.

Pull up a couch if you want to read about it.