Wednesday, August 6, 2008

In order to Live

I need people,
But sometimes I need to be alone.
Amongst them,
But not resting on my parents’ name,
My church’s rules,
My friends’ endless opinions.
I CRAVE independence.
A chance to stand alone,
And because it is real and MINE,
Stand tall and true.
I’m sick of being so limited…
So easily affected by the few around me.
My world feels
So small,
So controlled,
So easy.
I need challenge.
I need to win against the odds,
I need to FIGHT to SING,
Not just sing because I have a good voice.
Maybe that’s why so many of
My friends are leaving,
So many things are changing,
I’ve been crying inside,
And questioning God,
When He’s known all along.
I need
To grow stronger
To live.

No comments:

Virgin Diaries


A lot happens on couches. Movie night. Good book. Morning coffee. Making out. Making out. Making out.

Pull up a couch if you want to read about it.