Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Let Me Be the Sun

Someday, I wonder if I will look back on this day,
With a long-ago memory of innocence,
My face open to the sun,
Quietly embraced by it’s gentle warmth,
Feeling the winds’ fingers in my hair,
With the window rolled down.
The freedom I find in such peace,
Causes me to long to be the sun,
So sure, so unyielding, so real.
The clouds may mask her from my eyes,
But she is still there.
I want to be so independent…
Reaching across sky over land and sea,
No matter what darkness is there to face me.
I want to do the impossible,
Doing what no other light or planet could do,
Lighting up a WORLD,
And never needing it’s thanks.
To work an ordered path up and down the sky,
But still shine without limits.
To be the smile of the morning,
The soft kiss of the night,
The light that awakes the world,
To an ever-new dawn,
And sleeps at night,
To let the bigger picture shine.
Let me never look back on this day and regret,
Let me only smile,
From my place in the sky.

No comments:

Virgin Diaries


A lot happens on couches. Movie night. Good book. Morning coffee. Making out. Making out. Making out.

Pull up a couch if you want to read about it.