Friday, October 19, 2012

On the laughter scale, it was a zero.

So I have a little tiny Buddha in my stomach after eating Chinese buffet tonight. My brother LOVES to try new foods and he is especially attracted to limitless meat entrees sliced off of various animal body parts. I'd much rather get a coffee and use my money to travel somewhere new. New places=My adventure. New food=his adventure. So I compromised by going with him to a chinese place we've already been to for new food. Wait, that's not a compromise....but he may try to visit Paris Mountain/the lake with me tomorrow, so it might end up being a compromise.

Jonny's fortune cookie read "You will soon pass over the great waters." That better be talking about an actual lake because I am NOT doing this apartment thing alone.

On an equally non-hilarious note, I was judging someone's laughter tonight. I know - who does that? I'm a monster! But this customer in the table behind us kept showing pictures of her kids or grandkids or maybe cats to the chinese waitress who couldn't speak English. Instead of communicating using language, they just laughed forcibly at everything the other person said. The customer spoke loudly and slowly and the chinese waitress kept repeating 'cyute, soo cyute' and then laughing and laughing. I wanted to say, "It can't possibly be that funny." But that's just breaking some kind of standard social grace, so I said nothing.

But nothing curls my lips into a sad little grimace more than fake laughter. So here's me with a sad little grimace and a happy little Buddha belly....hey wait that sounds like...the actual Buddha. But let's not go that far.

No comments:

Virgin Diaries


A lot happens on couches. Movie night. Good book. Morning coffee. Making out. Making out. Making out.

Pull up a couch if you want to read about it.