Thursday, October 4, 2012

Single in a Crowd

Single in a crowd,
You single me out,
Your eyes find mine
My eyes close.
I've known too many men
My eyes are trying to say
I respect you too much
To screw it up.
My arms are strangely open
To the ones I don't value.
If I'm not letting you in
It's because you have the power
To hurt me.
I enjoy adoration
From all the wrong men.
I struggle in the crowd
To look up.
I'm stepping outside of His will
I welcome the rain
Outside of His umbrella
I seek instead a path of my own
But I can't find a place
Where He can't find me
I walk past so many umbrellas
And I wish I had the courage
To trust Him.
To wait for you.
To know I don't need a crowd.
And I don't need to look for you.
I need only look up,
And find that the restricting umbrella
Is really a rainbow.

No comments:

Virgin Diaries


A lot happens on couches. Movie night. Good book. Morning coffee. Making out. Making out. Making out.

Pull up a couch if you want to read about it.