Monday, May 11, 2009

01/29/09

01/29/09
Two Words: Sun, Shadow

This afternoon it was the oddest thing to hear a little girl’s voice. I came upon her after a long Thursday, with a seemingly endless day ahead of me. There she was, sitting on a bench, swinging her legs happily. She was yelling, “Acorns for sale! Acorns!” I turned the corner and couldn’t get her out of my mind. She hadn’t a care in the world. Somehow her declaration seemed silly but sweet, like music to a tired college student’s ears. All day, the only sounds had been the sound of heels on the sidewalk, the church bell ringing, and teachers lecturing.
I hadn’t quite noticed the sun before that little girl.

No comments:

Virgin Diaries


A lot happens on couches. Movie night. Good book. Morning coffee. Making out. Making out. Making out.

Pull up a couch if you want to read about it.