Wednesday, September 26, 2012

It's all about Attitude

Attitude Check.

Why am I in school? To study.
Is it my school's problem that I had a crappy day? No.
Is it my school's fault that I feel out of touch with every person on campus? No. I sat out for two years and everyone graduated. It happens.

I blamed all the wrong people today.

It was a crappy day. A test, three quizzes, a negative nancy lunch, a tired mind and body. But was it because of my circumstances or because of my attitude toward my circumstances?

Attitude: Today sucked.
Fact: God made today perfect.
Fact: I often get in the way and forget to just trust God for every day things.
Fact: Even when I feel like God is far away, how can I go from his Spirit, or how can I flee from his presence? If I ascend up into the heavens, he's there. If I make my bed in hell, behold he is there. If I take the wings of the morning or dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there will his hand lead me, his right hand will hold me. (adaptation from Psalms).
Fact: God allows hard things to draw me to him.
Fact: Today wasn't even hard! It was just crappy and I let it get to me.

Attitude: Facebook engagement updates are making me sick lately.
Fact: I don't need to have life 100% figured out - God works in that department, not me.
Fact: Believing the worst in people never brings out the best in people. Sometimes my poor attitudes are self-fulfilling prophecies.

Attitude: I'm not satisfied with my current relationship.
Fact: I don't need a relationship to make me happy. God IS enough.
Fact: God's clock keeps perfect time.
Fact: I DO say yes too easily to guys. I think I'm doing them a favor by saying yes initially, but really I'm hurting them in the long run because I eventually have to say no...
Fact: Life is NOT the same without girlfriends. So thankful for the close and long-distance besties who lift me up in prayer and laughter.

Attitude: I don't want to study or go to bed.
Fact: I'm an average student and an even more-average test-taker. STUDY. We don't always have the luxury of doing what we want.
Fact: Go to bed.

Some times I just need a healthy reminder. Big picture? Tomorrow is a NEW day. God made it! I'm gonna rejoice and be glad in it. It's not the circumstances, it's my attitude towards them. For every negative thing, I'll think of two positives. I'm going to be revoltingly positive you might want to stay clear. :)

No comments:

Virgin Diaries


A lot happens on couches. Movie night. Good book. Morning coffee. Making out. Making out. Making out.

Pull up a couch if you want to read about it.