Monday, May 12, 2008

Careers of a Lifetime


Whenever I smell balogne, I can picture the first day of school every fall of my elementary school years. It's a stark memory. Apples and bananas would be stuffed into brown-paper bags, and my heart would ache when I was not allowed to talk while I pulled those out and ate. Instead, I had to sit there and think deep profound thoughts, while I felt the chill of the basement lunch room and the crunch of apples all about me. A menacing child-hood, to be sure.

Things that I would like to be (here I am refraining from adding 'when I grow up'):
A 9-1-1 operator
A Go-cart operator at an Amusement Park
A politicians’ secretary
A flight attendant/stewardess
A Photographer
A Creative Writer
A Journalist
The Owner and Operator of a largely political magazine
A typist for trials in court
A piano player at the mall
A professional horse breeder
A giver of lectures ;)
A singer of the national anthem at baseball games
A blogger

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok. First, the list should be top 10 or top 20, not top 14 things. Therefore, lets drop a few:
14. A blogger; you are already doing this
13. A photographer; after those wonderful pictures with you box camera, you can check this off.
12. A Creative Writer; you writing is pretty creative already
11. A flight attendant/stewardess; you know except for pointing out the exits and showing us how to put on the oxygen mask you are doing this already :-)
Now that leaves you with a top 10 list.
By the way, can you sing?

Unknown said...

lol Hi Antony!

Fair enough. Top 10 is pretty good... I guess I'll have to come up with 10 more if I feel like defying your suggestion. ;) btw I appreciate the complements that were sandwiched in there. Duly noted. You may get extra sausage on your croissant one of these days.

Hmm... can I sing? That depends on your definition of sing...lol. I'm just kidding. I'd say anybody can sing, really, but I know you're really asking if I'm any GOOD. lol. That's kind of putting me on the spot and asking me to either produce false humility or brass arrogance. You can understand my predicament. Okay. I choose arrogance. Sure, I can sing. That's actually one of the first things I ever did besides talk, and since the age of around 12 I've performed dozens of times from WI, KY, MI, NY, VT, NJ, to Canada, the Nova Scotia region (most of the time in churches, but wth I take what I can get). Actually, most of my friends/family think I should major in voice, not writing. That doesn't mean I'm good in everybody's book, but at least where it counts... sure I can sing. ;) (There, I squeezed some humility in). Does that answer your question? See you tomorrow!

Virgin Diaries


A lot happens on couches. Movie night. Good book. Morning coffee. Making out. Making out. Making out.

Pull up a couch if you want to read about it.