Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Spring-Sense

Finally, I don't have to go rushing to the calendar to assure myself that it's spring. Today I officially lay on the cool grass and felt the sun beating down. I smelled the apple-flowers and heard birds singing distantly. I admired the fresh shoots of lettuce and onions and tsk-tsked at the growing prickler weeds. I no longer felt distain for the trees in my neighbors back yard, because they were covered in thick white and pink flowers. Even the bugs didn't seem to bother me so much today, because they were crawling over leafy raspberry bushes and dry clods of lonely dirt. See? We have so much to be grateful for... just in our five senses that God so gleefully gave us to enjoy.
While lounging around during my delicious afternoon, I could not resist taking pictures. It's been a long time since I've actually tried to take scenery pictures with a KODAK, but the results weren't too bad. Hope you don't mind me spreading the joy here.

.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice photos! Love the one from grass level, makes me think of "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids!" Which is, admittedly, sad!

What IS the blue box? I'm guessing it's a bird-house, but I'm not sure....

Unknown said...

lol, You're absolutely right! The grass one does resemble that movie. Kinda puts things in perspective, huh? Actually, the grass level one was taken while I was too lazy to get up off the grass. ;)

The blue box is definitely a bird-house... one of my relatives made them for a hobby before he died. ;)

Thanks for the view, though, seriously. I need to get back to that one blog entry and reply to your like - 8 comments, lol. Remind me if I don't get to it soon. This next week I graduate, so it gets' pretty busy. ;)

Anonymous said...

Yikes, graduation. I remember that. The terrifying feeling of moving out into the real world...!!

Thankfully, I moved pretty quickly back into study: I don't graduate again until next year, so I can stave it off a bit longer.

Good luck, hope it's a special day.

Unknown said...

;) thanks. I have the relatives and all that coming in. Strangely enough I'm not too scared. I'm more filled with an excited dread of what is to come. But your sentiments are greatly appreciated.

Virgin Diaries


A lot happens on couches. Movie night. Good book. Morning coffee. Making out. Making out. Making out.

Pull up a couch if you want to read about it.