Friday, November 9, 2012

The Beauty of a Dye Job

There's nothing like a good dye job. Once dull tresses suddenly shine and bounce. Curling becomes more fun, hair drying feels more enriched, and hair-dos take new life. It all looks and feels so different. You look in the mirror and you see a new you and you're ready to charge into a day fraught with compliments. It's literally a chance to get re-checked out by those people that wrote you off as mousy.

Anyways, one of my friends came over tonight and I dyed her hair for her. I've never actually dyed any one else's hair before but now we can add that to my list of accomplishments....or attempts haha.

Not gonna lie - I'm a new fan of John Frieda's Precision foam hair-dye. I used the same dye on my hair and it was equally easy to self-apply and get through to the roots. Just remember to apply it to dry unwashed hair, follow the directions (tilt, don't shake and squeeze, don't pump), start your gloves with the roots and work to the ends, set the timer for 20 minutes, rinse with cool water until the water runs clear, and condition with cool water. Don't use shampoo for 24 hours after dyeing. I like to layer the sink with sliced grocery bags before dyeing to protect from dye splatters. To spare your towels you can also cut a hole in the bottom of a trash/grocery bag, put it around your neck and tuck it into your t-shirt. It's a good idea to put lotion around the edges of your face, neck, and behind your ears before dyeing to make sure your skin doesn't end up dyed as well.

And now I feel officially nauseous. My first crack at sounding like a cosmetology major. I confess. I shared my blog with someone who knows me. And now I hope they think I write only about hair dye and product....because the truth is not always so cut and dried (no pun intended).

No comments:

Virgin Diaries


A lot happens on couches. Movie night. Good book. Morning coffee. Making out. Making out. Making out.

Pull up a couch if you want to read about it.