Tuesday, November 27, 2012

NOW is the best moment

You know what's cool? I'm at a point in my life where I have $40 of liquid cash in my bank account and I actually don't NEED anything. I'm challenged by the show "Dating Rules from my Future Self" where the main character challenges her future self to believe that "now is the BEST moment". I can have 8 bucks in my back pocket and go wherever I want downtown with my friend Andrew....like I did last night! I can discover a new coffee shop that has freakishly high stairs and an amazing "hand" couch....like I did yesterday morning! I can decorate my house in free Christmas decorations and be SO proud of my little livingroom....like I did yesterday afternoon! I can take a nap right now and not have anyone waking me up or needing me to do something....which I'll do in a few minutes! I can have 12 days off work at a time before I have to put in time as an Administrative Assistant...which has been my life for the last few months! I can take pride in my schoolwork and literally spend months having someone pay special attention to my work...like I'm doing now!

The point is....I don't need to have anything else in my life to make "now" better. I don't need to get older to have a better life. I'm probably sexier now than I will be in 10 years. I have all this time on my hands and I have good health and I'm skinny and have straight A's. I don't need to "just reach that next milestone" to be happy. A life that is constantly spent in the clutches of disatisfaction with "now" is a life that never reaches satisfaction. It's a life running after the shoreline of a never-ending beach. It's a climb to find the end of space. It's a conditional happiness which is ruined the minute the "condition" is violated. It's a life that puts pressure on others to perform in such a way that pleases you. It's a life that tries to control elements that only God has business controlling.

God - I'm so silly sometimes. I know I don't say this much, but thank you for now.

No comments:

Virgin Diaries


A lot happens on couches. Movie night. Good book. Morning coffee. Making out. Making out. Making out.

Pull up a couch if you want to read about it.