Wednesday, December 5, 2012

How to get over that guy

I've figured it out. Give it to God. Then zumba dance in a sports bra and work out until you can't dance anymore. Sometimes when you feel better about yourself you just can't help but realize that he's crazy to not be with you.

There will be days when that little red devil with the pitch fork will sit on your shoulder and he'll say that you're stuck going on endless dates with a guy who needs about 10 years longer than the normal guy to mature, or the guy who's TOO mature and tries to be both your date and your pastor. I'm sorry, you're a nice guy but good Christian girl's need the sexy, too. I officially give you permission to squish the devil. He's WRONG. There is the right guy out there for every girl - not the perfect guy....but the right guy worth waiting 22 plus years for.

People have been lying to you when they tell you need three dates to know. There's a huge difference between needing several dates to 'give him a chance' and having one conversation and just knowing there's no one else like him.

That guy I never thought existed...he does exist. But he's world's away. And I'm not going to call him or text him or email him or facebook him. Because I respect him.

And these things....they're so small compared to what other people are dealing with. My bestie called me today. When I say bestie I mean BESTIE - as in girl who's know all my secrets since like the third grade. I mean the girl I love like a sister. The girl I stood up for in her wedding - the girl I threw a bachelorette party for. The girl I would do anything for.

Her life is falling apart. Wish I could be there. Basically everything she's treasured is turning upside down and she's relying on God like never before. I can't IMAGINE how strong she's being!! I prayed for her today and realized how much I care for her. And God cares for both of us - through our hugely significant and insignificant problems. He cares. How cool is that?

I'm so undeserving of so much love. I recognize that I can't have "love" because I'm hopelessly unpleasable by the guys that I hang out with right now. But I have a love that is so much sweeter and will never leave me; my heavenly Father. My relationship with him is so sweet - I can tell him anything. He knows what I'm going through and what my bestie is facing and he has it under control - I can't control any of it. And he's doing a pretty good job. I trust him.

:)

No comments:

Virgin Diaries


A lot happens on couches. Movie night. Good book. Morning coffee. Making out. Making out. Making out.

Pull up a couch if you want to read about it.