Thursday, December 20, 2012

End of the World Confessions

Well, I don't know about you, but with just an hour left before the end of the world, my facebook feed is blowing up with confessions that couldn't wait for the apocolypse. Guys are revealing hello kitty fascinations and married couples are feeling the need to publicly announce their deep love for each other. And then there's me. Watching through the entire first season of Scandal, licking the last of a pint of mint icecream off my spoon, and lying in bed for most of the day in my jammies. Yes. This IS the way I wanna go out.

That, and I'll also confess something to you. Something really juicy. I got an internship today!! Well, maybe that's just bragging and not a confession. But it's downtown and in a fancy building - aren't you happy for me? Here's my confession - I love interviews. It's crazy but I come into that office and deliver with the intent of seeing some eyebrows rise. I think I just like to talk about myself. Literally it's a free 15-30 minutes to talk all about me. I dress to impress and I over-prepare - it's disgusting. I'm there early to calm my nerves and maybe sip on some light coffee. I'm constantly building my resume - so much that I'm always having to condense or highlight only the most pertinent job experience. Anyways, yeah, I'll be spending my summer downtown in meetings and in suit-coats. I'll be walking those cobbled streets and becoming a regular at coffee underground. There's something about the sound of heels clicking on the sidewalk, a $4.30 latte, long hair pulled back enough to say it's still sexy but we're keeping it professional, and a pant suit that may have set me back only $40 but makes me feel like I'm floating on clouds. Professional clouds.

I love working. I work late. I thrive under pressure. I do extra, not because I want to get ahead, but because I'm not happy with myself until the problem is solved.

So, yes, in answer to your unasked questions, I WILL be the inspiration of some chick flick someday.

Ok. Now the world can end.

No comments:

Virgin Diaries


A lot happens on couches. Movie night. Good book. Morning coffee. Making out. Making out. Making out.

Pull up a couch if you want to read about it.