Sunday, December 16, 2012

Oh Snap

Snap.

Just like that I snap a picture and she is frozen forever that way. I lower my ISO because there's plenty of natural light and I open up the shutter speed another dial to let the light pour in on my subject. I change my angle slightly and straighten the mountainous background by straightening the body of my camera.

Snap.

Just like that I snap my fingers and the semester is over. I have a similar feeling that I have after a good photo-shoot--satisfaction. I get lingering satisfaction from a photo-shoot because I have hours of editing and messing with colors of my shots. Then I post them and the internet lights up in my little corner of the social network where those that love the subject comment on their favorites. That makes my day. And I get satisfaction at the end of a semester because I can scroll over my Facebook reel....I can remember how I met people....how I enjoyed certain activities....how I wouldn't go back for anything because NOW is so much better.

Oh, snap.

Just like that I get a text from Adam that more or less says he is 2 minutes away from where I'm standing downtown...but he can't see me because he's with his family. Translation: the guy I've talked to online for a year, that convinced me he was my soulmate, and then said it wasn't worth talking to me anymore because he was being deployed, is literally texting me to tell me he's in spitting distance of me but that it's just not a good time for him to walk that spitting distance to say hey. Wow, thanks for texting. I'll take my love-life off hold now.

But I didn't let that crappy text ruin my evening. Literally, Thursday I finally let go of this crazy idea that we would ever meet and Friday was the first day I didn't think about him in a month. So, no, I was not going to let him get inside my head on the very next Saturday. I know I talk about him like he's a villain and he's not a bad guy, but what kind of guy messes around with girl's heads like this? This is the third time he's done something like this... I'd like to say I'm still giving it to God but as of Thursday I stopped praying for him and I just said screw it and I told God I don't need him. Whether that's right or wrong, I don't know. All I know is I'm going out with other guys and I'm not hanging around waiting for this lurker. Who knows? Maybe he really is an internet stalker and he's afraid to reveal himself because he's really Frankenstein-esque and he's afraid the love of his life won't accept him for who he is. It's the modern-day Frankenstein love story that has never been written! Love it....now I have something to do over break. :)

No comments:

Virgin Diaries


A lot happens on couches. Movie night. Good book. Morning coffee. Making out. Making out. Making out.

Pull up a couch if you want to read about it.