Saturday, September 7, 2013

And then he says I'm sorry....

There I was - the emotional ice queen. So stressed from the first week back at classes and unable to fully process my need for space from him. So boiled up from months of holding small things in.

And then he says I'm sorry like no other guy in the world knows how. And it was actually super sexy to see him owning up to stuff  and calling his own actions stupid. It's not like I'm always right - I know that; he knows that. But there is something downright sexy about a guy looking at you and saying, "I know what you're trying to say. And I thought about it. And you're right. There are some thoughtless things I'm going to try to change because I see your perspective and I want to prove to you that you are the only woman that I want."

Bam. Everything I wanted to hear - and then some. And I'm not going to be an old bitter woman, clawing at the injustices of the past. I'm going to take him at his word and forgive him and move on. Because that's what you do in a relationship. You forgive. And that's no charity act on my part. There are plenty of times when he has had to forgive my thoughtlessness and he often does it without a thought. So I know it's a two-way street. And sides, God forgave me a whole crapload of horribleness, so it's only right.

The long conversations, 6-month anniversary card/book, beautiful jewelry and nice dinner with a fudgy dessert were also a nice touch. But I didn't expect them. What I needed to hear was that he gets it, he's going to act like he wants only me, and that he loves me for me.

Then as we ate cheesy-bacon fries tonight, he said, "We can get fat together, babe." And I felt pretty sure that we were going to make it.

No comments:

Virgin Diaries


A lot happens on couches. Movie night. Good book. Morning coffee. Making out. Making out. Making out.

Pull up a couch if you want to read about it.