Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Neverland

I'm pretty hard on my boyfriend for wanting to stay in college Neverland, where he never has to grow up. But I was thinking about it tonight, and I guess I have my Neverland moments, too. There's something about macaroni and cheese and a good cartoon that reminds me of the days I would stay home "sick" with my mom.  There's something soothing about listening to old Adventures in Odyssey episodes and remembering the many trips we made as a family while listening to them. I used to listen to those over and over - it was an escape for me. I still love escaping to a good cup of coffee - it takes me back to the times I longed to drink coffee with my sisters and mom when I was too young for coffee.

I'm still not ready to talk to him, though. I don't know - I'm tired of apologizing for things that bother me. I'm tired of trying to come back from feeling like such a monster. I'm stressed and I just seek escape from thinking right now. I wish I could stay in Neverland.

No comments:

Virgin Diaries


A lot happens on couches. Movie night. Good book. Morning coffee. Making out. Making out. Making out.

Pull up a couch if you want to read about it.