Thursday, February 7, 2008

I was cleaning (!) out the headboard behind my pillow today, and found all of the things necessary to a girl’s night-life.

First: two scissors in case something should attack me in the middle of the night
Second: tape. Not just any time - invisible tape. This is kept close at hand for those tape emergencies, when you can’t find tape anywhere.
Third: a mirror in case I should decide to become vain
Fourth: A journal where I may record my most intimate desires
Fifth: A black inky pen - for writing
Sixth: A highlighter, for the times when I need something yellow
Seventh: A college magazine to keep my mind focused like on the future
Eight: A stuffed piglet from which I may draw bouts of happy Babe-like thoughts
Ninth: A flashlight, should the need arise to check for beings residing beneath my bed
Tenth: A glade candle, for inhaling at dire times of need
Eleventh: A blue water bottle so I may avoid staggering through the dark in search of midnight-refreshment (stray nail… misplaced litter box… that can be painful)
Twelfth: A calendar with daily words of inspirational wisdom, so that I can be reminded of my good fortune to have such a well-stocked bed-place.
Thirteenth: Headphones. I am not sure why these are there. They’ve just always been there.
Fourteenth: Anti-biotic ointment, should I wake and need polymeric B sulfate/bacitracin zinc/neomycin sulfate (I.E. infection preventor).
Fifteenth: Two pictures of me when I was a wee lass. In one I am shyly holding the American Flag - It’s a very moving picture….quite patriotic of me. In the other, I am playing with my brothers’ cars - a fond memory because he was a very possessive toy-car owner, and rarely felt pressed to share with his car-starved sister.
Sixteenth: There lies the string that once activated and deactivated my light-fixture from the middle of the room. This was once convenient, until my cat ripped it from lofty heights. She rather despises the string now that it has been demoted.

No comments:

Virgin Diaries


A lot happens on couches. Movie night. Good book. Morning coffee. Making out. Making out. Making out.

Pull up a couch if you want to read about it.