Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Boy Rex Musical Genius

I found the story of this boy, Rex, really touching.

http://60minutes.yahoo.com/segment/91/rex

Music has a passionate lodging in my soul - I would not be the same person if I had not been raised in a home dedicated to creating and studying music. When I read/heard about this blind, mentally disabled boy playing the piano with great ability - I felt inspired. Most folks have many ways of communicating. We communicate with our expressions, our body-language, our mouths, our attitudes, and even by the simple way we walk. But some people cannot communicate at all. The deaf live in a silent world. The blind live in a dark one. The mentally disturbed live in a misunderstood world. And yet, some people suffer from a multitude of these problems, and have discovered that music is the way for them to communicate with the world...maybe even to communicate a sense of order and peace within themselves. It's amazing to me how normal people are passe, but those disabled who seem to have something astoundingly deeper in them pluck a fascinated string in our hearts. At least, my string was plucked or whatever. Hope this interests ya'll. Happy weekend and all that!

No comments:

Virgin Diaries


A lot happens on couches. Movie night. Good book. Morning coffee. Making out. Making out. Making out.

Pull up a couch if you want to read about it.