Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Ephemeral Pleasures Dictionary

This is the Indefagitable Eudaimonia. I've decided that's my new pseudonym. So if you guys ever hear of some famous author by that name, you know who you're dealing with.

I've been learning some new words. It's pretty awesome. Every time I find a word that sounds bogus in a book I'm reading, I write it down on my book-mark. My lil' book mark has become covered with words, but I was determined to learn their meaning and then pull them out when I needed to sound intelligent. Really, I've found that most people who randomly pull big words out of their hat generally just want to sound hot - they don't even know what they're saying. I of course am the exception. But in case you run into any big-mouthed people over your week, here's Andria's dictionary. You can use it as a reference in time of need. You'll be relieved to know it is in development and is only in the beginning stages.

Predilections- a strong liking in favor of something
Deardorff- a kind of camera
Ubiquitous- omnipresent one
Perspicacity- discernment, keenness, shrewdness, insight
Indefagitable- invincible
Dipsomaniac- uncontrollable craving for alcohol
Eudaimonia- human flourishing, pleasant state of mind, good spirit
Kudos- a praising remark
Macabre- emphasis on the details and symbols of death, characterized by a grim and deadly atmosphere
Maudlin- effusively or tearfully sentimental
Parsimonious- ‘less is better’, frugality
Garrulous- excessively talking about drivel/matters of insignificance/in a round about manner
Caprice- a sudden, unpredictable, impulsive, seemingly unmotivated action
Precocious- exceptionally early development
Vogue- prevailing fashion or style
Ephemeral- lasting a very short time (ephemeral pleasures) (such as this ephemeral article)

2 comments:

Daniel said...

ah... interesting words, but I think macabre, and parsimonious are my favorites (unfortunately, I won't be able to lend you the macabre movie I bought today, as los parentos saw it, and immediately ordered me to get rid of it >.<

Unknown said...

hah, macabre, danny? hardly.

lol, though. I can picture you throwing it away now... what a sad, hilarious thought! ;) jk

Virgin Diaries


A lot happens on couches. Movie night. Good book. Morning coffee. Making out. Making out. Making out.

Pull up a couch if you want to read about it.